So I want to share an idea with everyone.
It's one that has worked really well for Reyes and I.
It's called a Date Jar!
We got this as a wedding gift
and it is by far one of my favorite gifts that we got!
Inside the jar, there are slips of paper with date ideas on it.
Some of the dates are extravagant,
some are cheap,
some are at home dates,
and some aren't even dates but are as simple as
verbalizing a compliment to your spouse everyday this week
or
giving your spouse a ten second kiss everyday this week when he/she gets home from work.
(A ten second kiss doesn't seem like much, but surprisingly it is! Try it!)
Every Monday as a part of our Family Home Evening together,
we both pick a slip of paper.
We don't read our slips to each other.
Every week it is a surprise to find out what the other person has planned for you!
And I absolutely love surprises
and how creative the dates are!
Reyes and I used to argue because I was sick of doing the same dates
over and over again.
You know, ladies? The typical dinner and a movie date?
Don't get me wrong, that date is fun but it is nice to mix it up every once in a while!
But he would say that it was because he wasn't creative!
Well this jar helps us to plan creative and meaningful dates!
For example...
This week after a long day, being back to school, and a hard workout,
I came upstairs to find my surprise...
A soothing bath!
Complete with silky bubbles, wonderful smelling candles, and my favorite relaxing song playing!
Then afterwards, we sat down to watch my favorite reality show, American Idol!
What a great husband I have right? :)
Not to say that Reyes wouldn't be able to plan this on his own,
but the jar definitely helps! :)
Feel free to copy this Date Jar idea! I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment